Contact Us   |   Your Cart   |   Sign In   |   Register
Games!
Moderator(s): Adrienne Moore
Page 1 of 1
Forum Actions

Topics   Replies Score Author Latest Post
The importance of transition time! 3 A. Moore These aren't so much transition games, but fun team bonding games that I brought to the team from my memories of childhood sleepovers and summer camps.1) HAH!: Find a large area and having the players lay in a circle so that each persons head is on the next person's stomach, like a pillow. When I've done this with big groups, we've had to make lots of little circles with about 5 people in each. It's important that you make the circle accurately, so that Person A had their head on Person B, B is on C, C is on D, and D is on A. Everyone's legs will be fanning out around the outside of the circle. Once in this circle of heads on tummies, have one person begin by loudly saying "HAH!" so that their tummy bounces the person's head who is lying on it. Once your head is bounced, it is your turn to say "HA!" It begins slow and deliberate, but inevitably winds up in loads of uncontrollable giggles and laughter. It's fun to have your head bounce up, and to try to go around the circle faster and faster.2) Circle Squat:Stand in a circle and move tightly together until you are tightly shoulder to shoulder. Everyone turns to their right and squeezes together again until everyone is front to back with one another in a small, compact circle. Put your hands on the person's shoulders in front of you. On "go", everyone squats down together at the same time to sit on the lap of the person behind them. You have to work together to stay up! Use your core, your legs, and hold onto the person in front of you! Try to stay compact. If it works, the whole circle should be able to stay like that for awhile, everyone sitting on the person behind them as a self sufficient circle. It took my girls a couple tries to get it, the first few resulted in some falling, so find soft ground!3) Light as a feather, stiff as a board:Have one person lay down (start with a tiny person!). Every one else sticks out their pointer fingers and uses only those fingers to try to lift the person up! It's important that the laying down person stays very stiff, no saggy butts! With everyone's small contribution of just two fingers each, you will be able to lift the person all the way off the ground. Make sure to have someone be in charge of guarding the person's head, and have hands ready to catch in case people drop suddenly.4) Log/bench walk:Find a long narrow bench, sturdy log, or low wall. Make sure it is not too high off the ground in case people fall off. Have everyone stand in a row, shoulder to shoulder, on top of the log. The object of the activity is to pass everyone from one end to the other, until everyone has gone and you are back in your original order. The way to pass is to essentially hug and twist while alternating feet placements until the person is past. When I've done this activity, we did it on a very long skinny bench by a campfire pit, and it was challenging! You need to work together to share the small space and keep a unified center of balance. If one person leans out to much, both people will fall from the bench and the group has to start over. To make it harder, try doing it silently!
by Z. Vais, George Pocock Rowing Foundation
Monday, December 7, 2015
Membership Management Software Powered by YourMembership  ::  Legal